Curriculum Vitae: Richard Conway
Location: London, UK
A versatile, successful and perceptive professional whose experience, interest and training has led to a motivated and determined career in I.T.
· 2003-5: Freelance I.T. Support, including:
- Online Technical Support for CIX Conferencing/ISP (Pipex). Windows networking, application support, email, DNS, domains, Windows 9x, 2000 & XP.
- Installation, Data Migration and Support of Schools Pupil Assessment Software and intranet web-based (IIS/ASP.Net) schools project management application. Windows NT4, 2000 & 2003 Server, IIS4, IIS5, IIS6, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Proxies & Policies.
- Installation and tech. support of wireless networks for Homes/Small Offices. LAN Protocols (wireless & wired), TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Linux Servers & Workstations, Firewalls, Network Security, Virus & Spyware Prevention.
· 1997 - 2002: IT Company: Unix, Windows & Network Admin.
- Extensive use of Unix (Irix, HP/UX, Solaris, Linux) and Unidata.
- Implementation and development of e-mail facilities using Outlook 97/98/2000/2002 and Windows 95/98/NT4/2000/XP.
- Working alongside programmers as an analyst and consultant.
- Configuring e-mail servers (sendmail on Linux, Irix, HP/UX, Solaris).
- E-mail and PC/Windows troubleshooting/support as well as general LAN, Internet and TCP/IP problem-solving.
- DNS administration. Network Routing. LAN Security. Web Server Setup and administration. FTP Server setup and Administration.
- Server admin for SGI Irix, HP/UX, Solaris, Linux (Red Hat, Mandrake), Windows NT4 Server, Windows 2000 Server.
- Firewall Admin (Linux & Cisco PIX 515). VPN Setup and admin. ADSL Setup and Admin. ISDN Setup and Admin. Leased line setup and admin. Windows 2000 LAN/Active Directory setup and admin. Purchase and management of Internet domains.
· 1991 - 1997: Hospital: Senior Staff Pharmacist: Pharmacy Computer Services Manager (40 staff).
- Representative of two General hospitals on the User Group for the South Western Regional Health Authority pharmacy computer system.
- Actively liaised with the system's authors, helping with implementation, suggesting and implementing changes and tracking down bugs. Helped develop the stand-alone Disaster Recovery system.
- Liaison with Micronetics re. the MSM-Unix system used on the pharmacy computer system, running on an ICL DRS6000 Unix server with 16 PCs acting as terminals.
- Main contact for the department with the District Computer Centre related to problems with its Novell Netware server 1000-user LAN/WAN.
- Successfully implemented a system for ward topping up using bar-coded stock lists and hand-held barcode readers and laser scanners.
· 1985 - 1991: Hospital: Locum Pharmacist.
- Normal pharmacy duties (ward pharmacy, drug purchasing, drug information and dispensary management), managing the department's computer system.
- Wrote a dBase II program to track ward stock lists.
- Wrote a Basic program to carry out bulk labelling of pre-packed and specially dispensed medicines.
· 1975 - 1985: Retail Pharmacy Branch Manager (20 staff) for 3 years.
Retail Pharmacy Branch Manager (5 staff) for 3 years.
Retail Pharmacy Front Shop Manager (22 staff) for 3 years.
Attended many courses including an Appraisal Workshop, Instructional Techniques, Finance, Recruitment, Marketing and Management.
· British Citizen. Born 9th May, 1953 in London. Full clean UK driving licence.
· Education: 8 O-Levels, 3 A-Levels, Bachelor of Pharmacy degree.
· Leisure Interests Include: Music (accomplished guitarist), Electronics, Technology, Astronomy, Cinema, Reading, Cooking, Walking/Hiking and Cycling.
Copyright (c) 2005 Common Sense Technical Support. All rights reserved.
Comments about this web site? Email email@example.com