Our areas of expertise include:
- Virus detection, removal and prevention
- Spyware detection, removal and prevention
- Workstation and server "spring cleaning" and "MOT"
- General PC Housekeeping and Optimisation - see details of our PC Security Strategy here and how we can work with education to support your school's technical infrastructure and ICT performance.
- Wireless network installation and configuration
- Networking broadband and network printer sharing, including wireless options
- General PC troubleshooting (software and hardware) and Macintosh troubleshooting
- General server troubleshooting
- Network and Internet security
- Advice on systems and specifications at all levels - from purchasing to detailed configuration
- Disaster recovery and contingency planning
- Windows 2000, 2003, XP and Vista, and Linux
- Installation and configuring web servers
including Microsoft IIS
- PC to PC data transfer
- PC system recovery and data recovery
- Help in migrating from dial-up to broadband services
configuration & support
- ADSL and Cable setup, configuration and support
- Remote access setup and support
- Junk mail ("spam") filtering and tracking
- Email troubleshooting and configuration
configuration & support– LAN, WAN, Internet, Wireless, Routing, DNS,
FTP, Web, Mail, Active Directory, Proxies, Policies, Firewalls
- Any skills pertaining to Technician D level in the BECTA Technical Competencies Framework
...and much more. If you don't see what you require listed above, please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Despite the highly technical nature of our work, we'll never blind you with jargon - we'll explain everything required in plain language that non-technical people will understand.
We will also give you a detailed account of what we did with tips and advice to keep your system in tip-top shape in future. We'll even include suggestions to improve security and performance where possible. Again, this will be in plain English and not techno-babble.
See, for example, the outline of our PC Security Strategy here, based on simple Common Sense.
Some examples of the work we do can be found here, in our Case Histories section.