To install the Visual Foxpro runtime library please run (or download, save and run) vfp7runs.exe:
Visual Foxpro 7 runtime library
The Visual Foxpro runtime library need only be installed once for both Colour and MERCS.
To install Colour run (or download, save and run) the Colour installation program:
and install into folder c:\ecolour on a workstation or c:\shared\ecolour on a server. On the server, make the folder c:\shared available to other users for read and write access. If also installing MERCS, install MERCS into folder c:\shared\mercs. Do NOT run this version of Colour: download the latest update first.
To install Latest version, click on
to download zip file of latest version, save on disk, extract file clr.exe and save in the Colour installation folder (typically c:\ecolour or c:\shared\ecolour).
For Windows 7, 8 or 10, click on
to download the Dynazip installation component and save in the Colour installation folder (typically c:\ecolour or c:\shared\ecolour).
to download the Marshall Soft Windows Serial Component and save in the Colour installation folder (typically c:\ecolour or c:\shared\ecolour).
To run Colour, click Start, select Programs, Orienteering and Colour to launch Colour (or run c:\ecolour\clr.exe). You may wish to create a desktop short cut. Note, if you get message "licence has expired" you probably have not correctly installed the latest version (see "To install Latest Version" above).
- Run Colour
- Click Maintenance
- Select Settings menu, select Dynazip and Install. Note, for Windows 7, 8 or 10 especially 64 bit you must have downloaded the Dynazip installation component, see above. Warning, you may get an error at the end for the Install process. If so, Dynazip should have installed correctly. All that has failed is the removal of temporary folder dynazipq in the install folder: it is safe to remove this folder and any content.
- Still in the Maintenance screen, and if you have downloaded the BOF Membership file in XML format click Import, and select the appropriate file.
- Still in the Maintenance screen, click Printers, select the appropriate A4 printer and splits printer.
- Exit Maintenance
- From Main screen, click Event, click New. Click "EMIT" if using EMIT, and complete other details for a test event
making event date today (you cannot get into Results if event is in the future). You may want to remove some
of the default courses.
- From Main screen, click Courses and enter course details
- From Main screen, click Entries and add some entries
- From Main screen, click Results. Select the Splits menu and select appropriate printer (and other
options). Make sure the splits printer matches the splits printer driver selected in Maintenance. Select 'Test splits print'.
- Still in results, select COM port and, if EMIT, type of reader.
Click Download and try downloading some e-cards.
- That is basically it: see
User Manual for more details. Beware, the User Manual is now rather out-of-date and some features may have changed (especially BOF membership input).