v0.7.1 (21st March 2001) - Archive Version
- Changed interface. New fonts and layout.
- Increased frame rate for smoother gameplay. To toggle frame rate (Normal/High) press ‘F’ when not in game.(Note: When using MS-Windows/IE I have found that reducing the colour depth improves performance. Comments appreciated.)
- Increased the number of highscores for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced from 10 to 100. Highscores now scrolled from bottom up when not in game.
- Highscores are now processed for each level. Apart from the Custom level highscores, due the their very nature, all other highscores will be sent to the server for processing. If you do not wish highscores to be sent for processing, press ‘H’ before playing game.
- In line with the change to highscore processing, name can now be upto 25 characters. Be careful what you type :-)
- Some small improvements to assist in performance and smoothness of game.
- Can now reload highscores from server by pressing ‘R’ when not in game.
- Killing the mothership causes four fragments to fall from the wreckage; two forwards and two backwards. These fragments, as they rain down, will kill anything in their paths, including your base!!
- Adjusted bombs start position when fired from base. Now align properly with base!!
- Occasionally during the loading of the graphics, a failure occured, resulting in the playing of a game against ‘invisible’ invaders. Now, an error message requesting the user to reload the page is displayed.
- Pressing ‘F1’ opens a new browser page with ‘How to Play Javaders’
- Motherships now appear from offscreen
- Sound now defaulted to ON
- Game now defaults to starting on Intermediate level.
- Base now able to reach edges of screen.