v0.8 (2nd June 2002)
- Fix Re-written the graphics loading routine to stop the “Error loading images” message appearing :-)
- New Nova Bomb now available as a bonus. When detonated, it will destroy anything that comes near it. Right-click the mouse to launch one and then release to detonate it. Release it too early and you could blow yourself up :-)
- New More invaders per level and adjustments during invader movement when dropping down screen. Whilst this will make the game that little harder, I need to know if it is now too hard!!
- New Invaders now explode in a more spectacular way.
- New Default display is now without starfield and with a border shown around edge of game. Both can be toggled on/off at any time and both keys are customisable.
- New Customisable keys. Press function key whilst not in a game to change the keys.
- New You no longer score any points when you kill the Mother Dragon, instead a “Gold” score bonus worth 5,000 points is dropped.
- New “Timebomb” bonuses are now dropped during the Intermediate and Advanced levels. If they are allowed to fall to the ground, they will count down to zero at which point they will explode. Any contact during the countdown will result in destruction of the base. If destroyed whilst falling, a “Silver” score bonus, worth 10 times the value of the Invader that spawned it, is dropped.
- New “Green” score bonus worth 500 points is now dropped at random along with other bonuses by invaders.
- New “Skull” penalty bonus if caught will clear your power-up cache. Dropped at random along with other bonuses by invaders.
- New Starfield can now be turned off/on. Press ‘T’ to toggle at any point.
- Name now required when registering a highscore. Press ESCape if you do not wish to register highscore.
- Slowed each level down a notch.
- Various internal changes to improve speed.
- Removed facility to change frame rate in line with speed improvements.
- Some tweaks with hit detection and graphic movement.
- Corrected a minor fault when entering highscore that gave impression that nothing could be entered.
- Centred the base under the mouse instead of to the right of the mouse.